|2090-SD & ST and 2091-SD & ST
STROBECOM II Optical Preemption Detectors
TOMAR's 209X–SD and ST model Optical Preemption Detectors sense the optical pulses emitted by properly equipped emergency or transit vehicles. Mounted to observe the approaches of an intersection, 209X–SD and ST Detectors are used with TOMAR 2000 and 3000 Series Optical Signal Processors to inform the traffic control system of the presence of designated vehicles.
The 209X-ST detectors incorporate a self-test feature for true closed loop detector and wiring welfare monitoring. Each 209X-ST detector includes a small infrared LED which periodically injects a special test signal into the detectors photo sensor. The 3140 OSP receives the special test signal and therefore knows that the detector is fully functional. Should a detector fail self-test a front panel indication and an entry in the 3140’s logs indicate the problem.
Using 209X-SD or ST detectors and Strobecom II throughout your traffic control system reduces emergency response time, allows emergency vehicles to travel with greater safety, and improves transit vehicles timeliness.
The TOMAR 209X-SD and ST Optical Detectors offer the following features and benefits:
- Closed loop self-test for detector welfare, monitoring and reporting (ST models only).
- Military derived sensor technology for direct sunlight rejection and detection performance unmatched by ANY other system.
- Fully encapsulated electronics for complete resistance to water, heat, and vibration.
- Complete electronics protection from damage due to miswiring or electrical transients.
- Wide field of view option for uncompromised detection even in untethered span wire applications without the risk of side street activation.
- Simple advanced detector installation without any special cabling for enhanced detection around corners and over hills.
TRUE 10 YEAR WARRANTY!
Covers the 209X-SD and ST detectors and all STROBECOM II components. Unlike other manufacturers, TOMAR’s 10-year warranty has NO fees or charges for warranty repairs after 5 years.